Salmon is one of the most popular and most requested dishes around the world. It is even considered a superfood because it is one of the most nutritious types of fish, it offers many health benefits. Some nutrition facts include antioxidant elements like selenium and other minerals like phosphorus, zinc, and potassium.
Not only does it taste delicious, but it is also a food source for the heart and brain. Particularly, using wild salmon could be even more beneficial as it contains more nutritive value than the farmed ones.
Adding salmon into your diet can provide you with a healthy amount of selenium. This is important because this antioxidant element helps to maintain proper thyroid function.
Recipe: Wild Salmon with Red Pepper Couli
Here are the ingredients you’ll need for 4 servings:
1/3 cup Sliced Almonds (toast on low heat to bring out the oils before adding them to the recipe)
1 cup Roasted Red Peppers
1/4 cup Cherry Tomatoes (or cherry tomatoes) 1 Garlic
1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp Smoked Paprika
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1 1/4 lbs Wild Caught Salmon Fillet
How to make Wild Salmon with Red Pepper Couli:
1. Process almonds, peppers, tomatoes, garlic, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, red pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in a food processor or blender until smooth; set aside.
2. Coat salmon on both sides with cooking spray, then sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, lemon peel, and basil.
3. Spray a skillet (we like cast iron) with cooking spray and bring it to medium-high heat.
4. place the salmon in the skillet and cook through – about 3 minutes on each side. Salmon should be pink and flake easily with a fork. Divide the salmon into 4 servings
5. Serve with the vegetables on the side.
Calories 440 Cholesterol 65mg
Fat 35g Sodium 626mg
Carbs 7g vitamin A 2214IU
Fiber 2g vitamin C 61 mg
Sugar 2g Calcium 47 mg
Protein 26g Iron 1 mg
Want more healthy recipes? Check out my Instagram for fun, easy cooking ideas you can make at home.
Go back to the homepage.