Coconut Ginger Carrot Soup
1 Yellow Onion (diced)
3 Garlic (minced)
2 tbsp Ginger (minced)
1 tsp Cumin
1 tsp Coriander
5 Carrot (approx)
7 large carrots)
3 cups Vegetable Stock
1 cup Canned Full Fat Coconut Milk (use light if desired for a lower fat soup)
1 tsp Salt And Pepper (to taste)
- In a large saucepan, cook the onion and garlic in either 2 tsp of olive oil, vegetable stock or water for 3-4 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the ginger, carrot, and spices, stir to combine, and cook for another few minutes. Add a little splash of vegetable broth if the pan starts to dry out.
- Add the coconut milk and vegetable broth and let simmer lightly, uncovered, for about 20- 25 minutes or until the carrots are cooked through.
- Either use an immersion blender right in the pot or transfer the soup to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve right away with toppings like fresh cilantro and a squeeze of fresh lime juice, or store in the fridge for up to 5 days. Can be frozen for up to 3 months.
Go back to the homepage.