Cauliflower Tabbouleh Salad
4 cups Cauliflower Rice (about a 15-16 ounce bag or 1 medium cauliflower, grated) 1/2 Large Cucumber (diced)
2 stalks Celery (diced)
4 Tomato (seeded and diced)
4 Scallion (white and green parts thinly sliced)
1/4 cup Mint Leaves (minced)
1 cup Parsley (minced)
3 tbsp Avocado Oil (such as Primal Kitchen brand, may substitute olive oil)
1 Garlic (finely minced if not using a food processor)
1/2 tsp Salt (or to taste)
1/4 tsp Black Pepper (or to taste)
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tsp. Avocado oil. When the oil starts to shimmer, add the riced cauliflower and stir. Continue heating and stirring until cauliflower starts to release some of its moisture and is crisp-tender (don't overcook it - you want it a little 'al dente' or 'toothy'). Remove from heat and continue to stir for a couple more minutes to help the moisture evaporate as the cauliflower cools. Spread onto a large plate or baking sheet and set in the freezer while you make the dressing and chop the veggies.
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a blender and blend on high until well combined. (Alternatively, you can finely mince the garlic then whisk dressing ingredients in a small bowl if you don’t have a blender.
- When the cauliflower is cool, place it in a large bowl with cucumber, celery, tomatoes, onions, mint, and parsley.
- Pour dressing over salad and stir to combine. Taste and adjust spices as needed. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine.
- Store unused portions in a covered container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Go back to the homepage.