Personalized nutrition accessible for all! Today’s guest is Emily Hochman, founder and CEO of Wellory, an anti-diet app that delivers one-to-one personal nutrition coaching to help create more healthy habits. Before starting college, she was afraid of the Freshman 15, so she tried different diets without professional supervision. Eventually, she became very sick, suffering from polycystic ovary syndrome, hypothyroidism, pre-diabetes and getting told she could potentially never have children at the age of twenty-two. Doctors suggested different medications, but instead she decided to build a healthy diet in order to heal herself. Emily got into the Institute for Integrative Nutrition and learned about the power of food. With all that knowledge she decided to do one’s bit and started changing the national nutrition crisis. Wellory connects hundreds of nutrition experts, health coaches, nutritionists, and dieticians to make personalized nutrition plans to build a healthier relationship with food.
- Emily explains how the Wellory App works and how they make personalized nutrition to build a healthy relationship with food.
- She talks about her journey and how her love for nutrition started from a personal pain point.
- She became obsessed with the power of food because with the right fuel you can solve many things.
- Emily speaks about how life expectancy is declining because most consumers are consuming chemicals every single day.
- She says young people aren’t taught enough about nutrition education and that’s the key for a better future.