KALE PESTO & PASTA RECIPE
Kale Pesto with Whole Grain or Gluten Free Pasta
Kale Basil Pesto
2 bunches lacinato kale
4 ounces basil
1 cup walnuts
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon white miso
Juice of ½ lemon
½ teaspoon sea salt
Pinch black pepper
2 ½ cups extra virgin olive oil
1. Bring a gallon of salted water to a boil. Blanch kale leaves in boiling water until bright green and tender, about 10 seconds. Transfer to an ice bath to cool. Repeat with basil leaves, blanching for only 3-5 seconds.
2. Squeeze kale and basil dry. De-stem and roughly chop.
3. In a food processer, minse kale and basil. Add walnuts and garlic, and puree until smooth.
4. Add lemon juice, miso, sea salt, and black pepper; pulse until smooth. Add olive oil and blend until smooth.
1 package whole grain or gluten-free rotini
1. Cook pasta according to manufacturer’s procedures.
2. Once drained; return pasta to pot and add pesto. Stir to combine. Serve immediately.
Enjoy! * Gluten Free - Vegan - Soy Free*