A roundup of foods you should stock your pantry with this season to BOOST your immune system and stop yourself from getting sick!
Cold and flu season is upon is so now’s the time to do everything we can to do everything we can to boost our immunity and stay WELL. Hand washing and covering our mouths when we sneeze just won’t cut it.
Today I’m sharing my tips for building the ultimate wellness pantry. A full list of pantry items you should be incorporating into your daily meals to boost your immunity.
Move over orange juice! These are the NEW immune boosting players in the game.
- high in anti-inflammatory antioxidants
- protein and fiber
- vitamins and minerals support immunity and help ease constipation which can impeded nutrient absorption and stress the immune system
- good source of magnesium for healthy sleep
- potent anti-inflammatory antioxidants
- high in protein, zinc, and iron
- high in fiber which feeds good bacteria and promotes immunity and anti-inflammation in the digestive system
- daily consumption is linked to increased anti-bacterial activity in the body
- supports good sleep which boosts immunity
- a TOP anti-inflammatory food
- contain nutrients that boost immune health including: vitamin B, copper, vitamin E, and folate
- have been found to reduce psychological stress as well
- anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-cancer, and antioxidant agent
- curcumin (main compound in turmeric) has beneficial effects on arthritis, allergy, asthma, atherosclerosis, heart disease, Alzheimer's disease, diabetes, and cancer
- curcumin has the ability to up regulate and modulate the immune system
- raw non alkalized varieties provide anti-inflammatory effects to the body
- positive impact on brain and heart health
- strong antibacterial properties
Dried Tart Cherries
- high concentrations of antioxidants that bolster the immune system
- reduce the risk of upper respiratory tract infections
- support healthy sleep because of natural melatonin properties….less sleep = sick more often
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- antibacterial properties that reduce your chances of becoming sick
- antioxidants that protect against inflammatory diseases like: diabetes, obesity, rheumatoid arthritis, and IBD