COCONUT CREAM OF TOMATO SOUP RECIPE
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 45 MINS
TOTAL TIME | 55 MINS
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garnishing
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, quartered
- 3 roma tomatoes, quartered
- 1 head cauliflower, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- dash of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, more or less to taste
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/2 to 1 cup water (if needed to thin soup)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- Add water, cauliflower, & salt large stock pot and heat over medium heat until tender 15 mins .
- Add garlic, tomato, herbs, and onion into a roasting pan. Cook for 15-20 minutes 375 degrees until tender and golden brown.
- Turn off heat and purée mixture, add coconut milk. With an immersion blender for 5 minutes or until the mixture is very smooth. If you don't have an immersion blender, you can add the mixture to a blender in batches or a large food processor (return soup to pan once done blending).
- Add in salt (to taste) and nutritional yeast. Simmer on low for an additional 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. If soup is thicker than desired, add in 1/2 to 1 cup water or coconut milk and whisk into soup.
- Ladle soup into bowls. Drizzle with olive oil and top with chopped fresh basil, if desired.