COOK TIME: 60 MINS | PREP TIME: 10 MINS | TOTAL TIME: 70 MINS
| ORGANIC | SOY FREE | VEGETARIAN
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter plus more for pan
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 large zucchini (about 10 ounces)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup medium-grind cornmeal
1. Preheat to 350°F. Butter a 9x5x3" loaf pan.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Scrape butter into a medium bowl. Set aside and let cool. Whisk in eggs and buttermilk.
3. Cut 1/4 of the zucchini into thinly sliced rounds for garnish. Coarsely grate remaining zucchini. Add to bowl with butter mixture and stir until well blended.
4. Add the flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda into a large bowl. Whisk in cornmeal. Add zucchini mixture; fold just to blend (mixture will be very thick). Transfer batter to prepared pan and smooth top. Place reserved zucchini slices atop batter down center in a single layer.
5. Bake bread until golden and a tester inserted into center comes out clean, 55-65 minutes. Let cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan; let cool completely on a wire rack. I didnt have a loaf pan and used a frying pan. Came out perfect as well!